Invitation to 2021Nanning International Elite
Innovation andEntrepreneurship Competition
Overseas talents and those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan,
Nanning International Elite Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (hereinafter referred to as the Competition), first launched in 2018, aims to attract international talents (including those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) to make innovation and start up business in Nanning. Through projects screening, preliminaries both at home and abroad, final in Nanning and projects matchmaking, the winners who decide to launch the project in Nanning will have a chance of being funded a maximum of 10 million yuan. Apart from this, all-in-one service including funding support, matchmaking and offshore incubation is available for those who want to start up business and work in Nanning. Rewards are also granted to the recommending organizations/agencies. In the past 3 years, we have attracted the participation of 1200+ talents from over 30 countries and regions across the world. 152 projects went to the finals and 20+ winning projects were launched in Nanning.
In order to further promote innovation and entrepreneurship, and high-quality development of Nanning, we would like to invite you to participate in the 2021 Nanning International Elite Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. Details of the competition are as follows:
网上填写报名信息时，在第1页“是否有推荐机构推荐参赛？”这一项里选择“是”，并填写推荐机构为“英高创协”以及推荐人：朱小姐 和联系方式 firstname.lastname@example.org。
June to September, 2021
Hosts, Organizers and Partners
Hosted by: Talents Work Leading Group of CPC Nanning Committee
Organized by: Organization Department of CPC Nanning Committee, Nanning Science and Technology Bureau (Nanning Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau), Nanning Association for Science and Technology, Nanning Foreign Affairs Office, Qingxiu District People’s Government of Nanning
(1)At least one team member (including shareholders, senior management personnel or key technical staff) have work/study experience (one-year and above) in country/region outside China’s Mainland (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan included) with promising innovative technologies, achievements or products, and is willing to start up business and commercialize the technologies, achievements or products in Nanning.
(2) There is no limitation on business registration time for the enterprise participant outside Nanning. For enterprise domiciled in Nanning, only those whose owners are introduced and set up business in Nanning after January 1 of 2020 are eligible.
(3) Those who entered the finals in the previous editions of the Competition, or whose talent, technological, industrial, agricultural and medical projects were funded by Nanning city-level government are not qualified to participate in this year’s competition with the same project.
(1)New Generation of Electronic information: including integrated circuit, big data, artificial intelligence, internet of things, 5G, intelligent terminal, computer and network communication equipment，new display system, block chain, cloud computing, Beidou navigation satellite application
(2)Advanced equipment manufacturing: including machinery & equipment manufacturing, intelligent manufacturing, new energy vehicle and core components manufacturing
(3) Biology, pharmaceuticals and big health: including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, Chinese medicine and medical apparatus, regimen
(4) New energy and new materials: including green energy, nonferrous metals, graphene, organic and inorganic materials, energy conservation and environment protection, green fine chemical
(5) Modern agriculture: including intelligent agriculture, green agriculture, deep processing of agricultural products, introduction and breeding of new varieties of agricultural products
The competition is open to all participants home and abroad. The preliminary round will be held in Beijing and Shenzhen and Nanning, and the final round is in Nanning. Both preliminary and final will be conducted via the hybrid form of “online+offline”.
(1) Launch Ceremony (June 25, 2021)
(2) Project Soliciting (June 25, 2021-July 20, 2021). The Organizing Committee will carry out qualification examination towards applicants regarding their eligibility and correctness of the materials submitted.
(3) Project matchmaking and pre-application guidance (July 5, 2021 TBC). Pre-application guidance and matchmaking will be organized.
(4) Project Screening (July 26, 2021). All the projects will be screened by the judging panel, some of which will enter the preliminary round afterwards.
(5) Preliminary Round (August 5-August 15, 2021). The preliminary will be conducted both online and on site in Beijing, Shenzhen and Nanning. For those who stay in places outside the Chinese mainland , domestic regions hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic or those who cannot make it to either one of the 3 sites should participate in the online video link session.
(6) Final Round (September 1, 2021 TBC). The final round will be conducted in 5 groups (i.e. new generation of electronic information, advanced manufacturing, biology&pharmaceuticals&big health, new energy and new materials, modern agriculture) in Nanning in the form of online+offline. Those who stay in the low-risk regions in China’s Mainland with green health code will participate in the offline competition, and the others will take part in the online competition. The format is subject to the pandemic control situation at the time of the competition.
(7) Award Presentation and Business Matchmaking (time to be confirmed). Those who stay in the low-risk regions in China’s Mainland with green health code, and enter into the final round will attend the award presentation, project matchmaking and relevant events in Nanning.
(8) Follow-up on the project launch. Keep close touch with the participants after the Competition and follow up on the project launch.
1) For preliminary round: A number of participation awards will be granted (the top 20% in the preliminary) with the award money of 2000 RMB per project (tax included). The money will be granted after the final.
2) For final round: 5 First Prizes with the award money of 30,000 RMB per project, 7 Second Prizes with the money of 20,000 RMB per project, 11 Third Prizes with the money of 10,000 RMB per project, and 32 recognition awards with the money of 5,000 RMB per project. The award money is after tax and will be granted after the final and matchmaking in Nanning. For those who cannot make it to Nanning due to COVID-19 and other force majeure events, he/she can visit Nanning and receive the money whenever deemed appropriate in 2022.
3) For projects launched in Nanning: For those entering the final round and deciding to launch their projects in Nanning, an award will be granted. The winner should register an enterprise in Nanning within one year after the competition as an independent legal person to launch the winning project and commercialize it. Or those partnering with local enterprises by taking the project as a form of capital contribution to commercialize it can apply for this award after the basic office operating procedure is done.
a. The First Prize winners can be listed into “Yongjiang Program” (Nanning Pioneering Talents Program) and granted a minimum subsidy of 500,000 RMB. A maximum of 10 million RMB can be granted after the deliberation of “Yongjiang Program” judging panel.
b. The Second Prize and Third Prize winners can be granted a minimum of 300,000 RMB and 150,000 RMB respectively.
c. The Second Prize, Third Prize and Recognition award winners are eligible for applying for the “Yongjiang Program”, and winners can be subsidized with the amount ranging from 500,000 RMB to 5 million RMB. The exact amount is subject to the deliberation of the judging panel of the “Yongjiang Program”.
1) Free food &accommodation: One-day food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those selected to enter the preliminary round and participate on site will be provided free of charge. Two-day free food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those selected to enter the final round and participate on site will be provided. Three-day free food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those invited to attend the award ceremony and business matchmaking in Nanning will be offered.
2) Launch service:
a. One-to-one dedicated service including assistance in office site selection, business registration, opening bank account, tax registration and tax declaration guidance is available for the winners in the final.
b. Winners at the final will be recommended to the venture partners of the Competition.
c. Service for the project launch: Agencies assisting the First, Second, Third and Recognition awards winners in the final with the project launch, matchmaking and other services can be granted 8,000 RMB per project.
网上填写报名信息时，在第1页“是否有推荐机构推荐参赛？”这一项里选择“是”，并填写推荐机构为“英高创协”以及推荐人：朱小姐 和联系方式 email@example.com。
Please log on the official website of the Competition（http://www.nieiec.com/） or the website of Nanning Science and Technology Bureau to fill in the registration form and upload attachments.